Admin & IT Support Role at The Upper Room
We are seeking a cheerful, organised, self-starting person with focus and solid office experience and strong administration & IT skills, to work part-time on Wednesdays in our Cirencester town-centre office (no company parking available), to support a small community based charity with a Christian ethos and values. We are launching an Intern Programme for young people to develop work skills and increase their confidence in community engagement, and the administrator will offer IT and admin support to the young people and the Intern Scheme Supervisor one day a week, plus some other admin for the charity.
The work will involve being in the office one 7 hour day a week, plus taking minutes at trustee meetings for 2 hours one evening every other month plus occasional involvement in other planning meetings by agreement.
This is a term-time only role for 38 weeks a year (but requiring occasional flexibility for trustee meeting dates; evening work 7:30pm-9:30pm every other month) and is paid at £10.50 an hour, annualised so your income will be paid in 12 equal monthly amounts:
Wednesdays, 7 hours / week @ £10.50 an hour = £73.50 a week, x 38 weeks = £2793 a year, / 12 = £232.75 a month
We work with individuals with a wide range of needs so we seek someone who can work positively and patiently with people as they access online training courses in the office, helping to troubleshoot IT issues.
There will also be a need for confidentiality, good record keeping and filing, sending letters, making bookings, researching material to support decision making by the manager and trustees.
This will be a varied role supporting a worthwhile cause, working with great people in a town centre location. We seek someone in sympathy with the Christian faith as we are a part of the Church of England.
Job Description: Intern Scheme Support
- Inputting data on intern hours and accomplishments
- Producing reports, summaries and statistics on interns scheme
- Supporting interns accessing IT & troubleshooting minor problems
- Office And Admin Work
- Using Word / Excel to create reports and summarise data to support trustees decision making
- Filing and storing confidential information
- Replying to correspondence
- Answering telephone and emails
- Liaising with local groups, charities and educational organisations who book our space / need Starter Boxes / are coming for a talk / or other services from us
- Making bookings (tickets / halls / minibuses)
- Researching and presenting options
- Maintaining bookings diary for use of our space
- Organising IT side of DBS checks for Diocese of Gloucester Safeguarding
- Taking minutes for trustee meetings, publishing agendas & minutes
- Producing flyers / leaflets / tickets for events
- Maintaining financial data in Excel and producing summaries / graphs / reports when required
- Maintaining records to send updates to grant funders
- Taking care of petty cash
- Maintaining office supplies
- Keeping records of repairs that need to be undertaken
- Liaising with landlord
This role will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check before starting.
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining how your experience enables you to meet the Job Decription, and the contact details including email of 2 referees, one who can speak for your work experience and one for your character and personality.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to Kim Brown at
The Upper Room, 37a Market Place, Cirencester, GL7 2NX
The closing date for applications is 12pm on Monday 12th March.
Interviews will take place on Monday 26th March (apologies this is in the Easter holidays) from 1pm onwards, with a start date anticipated in mid April subject to DBS clearance. At the interview you will be invited to demonstrate competences using Word and Excel.